Saturday, February 8, 2014

Learning About Opposites

One of our toddler classes has been learning about opposites. Here are some of the crafts/activities they've done while exploring opposites:
      ~Hard and soft with cotton balls and buttons

     ~Up and Down with dot markers on arrows

     ~Dark and Light with fingertips in white and black paint

We do quite a lot of sink and float experimentation in Pre-K. It's always fun to hear what the kids think will float and what will sink. Afterwards, I often set up a little station in our science center for independent exploration. I provide writing materials so students can record their observations.

Sensory bottles are also a great way to facilitate independent exploration for sink/float observations. 

There are some great books about opposites! Here are a few of my favorites:

For more great ideas on opposites, check out these posts from some of my bloggy friends:

                   Teach Preschool: "The Step Ladder Game"

            Craftulate: "Learning Opposites With Sandra Boynton"

Be sure to check out my "Opposites" board on Pinterest for more great ideas for learning about opposites!

I love to read your comments!!! Share your thoughts about this post below!


Thank you for visiting little illuminations. I'd love you to share your thoughts!

Thanks for stopping by!

Popular Posts